This delicious nutrient packed little balls are a great addition to your Sunday meal prep for the week. I make them and keep them in a glass jar for a mid morning snack or an after-dinner treat.
They work perfectly as a grab and go breakfast if you’re pressed for time and are brilliant for lunch boxes too as they hold together well for little fingers.
Makes: 10 balls
Time: 10 mins
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup of mixed hazelnuts and almonds
- 1/4 cup goji berries, soaked in hot water for 5 mins
- 3 medjool dates
- 3 Tbsp cashew butter (or almond butter)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- desiccated coconut for rolling
- In a food processor, add oats, chia, nuts, goji berries, dates, cashew butter, salt and coconut oil.
- Blend until mixture has combined.
- Slowly add filtered water while food processor is running, until desired consistency is reached for forming balls, you may not need all the water.
- Form mixture into balls and roll into coconut. Keep in the fridge for up to a week.
Enjoy for breakfast, afternoon tea or an after dinner treat.