I made these after craving some of my Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread one afternoon. I love muffins with little bursts of fruit flavor, so added some raspberries and they took these to the next level!
Gluten free, egg free, dairy free and refined sugar-free, these got a rave review from hubby who said they were literally the best thing I’ve ever made! High praise indeed.
Makes: 12 medium muffins
Time: 10 mins make, 20 mins bake
- 2 medium-sized bananas
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter (or cashew or almond)
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 Tbsp rice malt syrup or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (or coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- cacao nibs or chopped chocolate to top
- Preheat the oven to 180 and grease a muffin tin with coconut oil.
- In a food processor, put bananas, peanut butter, almond milk, rice malt syrup, oil, and cacao powder. Process until smooth.
- Add flours, baking soda, and salt. Process again.
- Remove blade from food processor and stir through frozen raspberries.
- Fill the muffin tins with the mixture and then top with cacao nibs.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until tops spring back
Enjoy fresh out of the oven or keep in an airtight container for 2-3 days.