Highly addictive, these little clusters are crunchy and flavorsome, but not overly sweet like so many store-bought versions.
They’re perfect served with coconut yoghurt and fresh fruit for breakfast or taken to work for a mid-morning snack.
You can adapt the recipe easily, with whatever nuts and seeds you have on hand. I’ve also tried this with walnuts and pumpkin seeds with a delicious result.
Let me know if you give it a go!
Makes: 4 cups of granola
Time: 40 mins bake time
- 2 cups gluten-free oats
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 bananas
- 2 Tbsp cashew or almond butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and stir well.
2. Mash banana well (or use a stick blender), and stir in cashew butter.
3. Mix the banana and cashew butter into the dry ingredients and use hands to ensure it is evenly distributed and all oats are covered.
4. Bake at 160 for 40 mins, stirring every 15 mins to break the granola into clusters.
5. Let cool completely so the clustered crisp up. Enjoy!
Granola will keep in an air-tight glass jar for up to 3 weeks in the pantry. Dare you to keep it that long!