Anyone else love a chocolate and orange combination?
These have got to be two of my all-time favourite flavours together, and these sugar-free, dairy free and grain free little bites of amazingness are even better than store-bought Jaffa’s or Terry’s Orange Chocolate in my opinion.
Using doTERRA Wild Orange essential oil, these balls have a delicious orange flavour without the fuss of grating and squeezing multiple oranges. Wild Orange pure essential oil is cold pressed from the peel of the fruit and is well known for it’s immune boosting and antibacterial properties. A natural method of improving immunity and fighting environmental ailments, it’s been used for years throughout the Mediterranean, India, and China.
I LOVE using essential oils in baking, especially peppermint, orange, lemon and lime. If you’re interested in getting your hands on some yourself, or just want to know more, get in touch with me or click here to grab a wholesale account and save 25% on retail prices, or head to my essential oils page to read more about it.
Makes: 12 Balls
Time: 10 mins
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 cup hazelnut meal (can substitute almond meal)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup melted cacao butter (can use coconut oil, but won’t taste as good in my opinion!)
- 1/3 cup cashew or almond butter
- 2 Tbsp rice malt syrup or maple syrup
- 6 drops of DoTERRA Wild Orange essential oil
- 100g dark chocolate (optional)
1. In a bowl, mix together hazelnut meal, cacao power and salt.
2. Melt cacao butter on the stove in a pot, or in the microwave.
3. Add the nut butter to the cacao butter, and combine untill smooth. Pour this wet mixture over the dry ingredients.
4. Mix with a spoon or your hands until completely combined.
5. Make 3 x 3 cm balls of mixture and place on a plate.
6. Place in the fridge for an hour (or overnight) for the perfect bite.
7. Optional final step: Melt dark chocolate over a double boiler, then dip the bliss balls in the chocolate and place in the fridge again to set.