These grain free, dairy free and sugar free little bites of heaven are so delicious, they don’t really need an introduction!
Trust me, you’ll want to try these for your next special occasion.
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- 400g can full fat coconut cream
- 3 Tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1 cup hazelnut meal (hazelnuts ground in food processor!)
- 1/2 cup almond meal/flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- sprinkle of sea salt
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate)
1. In a saucepan, combine coconut cream and rice malt syrup and bring to the boil. Once boiling, reduce to simmer and leave to reduce to half liquid volume (will take approx 25 mins). Stirring frequently to avoid sticking.
2. Meanwhile, combine hazelnut and almond flours, cinnamon and salt.
3. Add melted coconut oil and rice malt syrup to dry ingredients and combine until a crumb has formed.
4. Press mixture into a lined slice tray and bake at 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
5. Remove slice from the oven then press 1/2 cup of chocolate chips into the base. Next sprinkle the base with the nuts and coconut, then finally the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
6. Pour the reduced caramel sauce over the entire slice evenly and return the the oven for a further 20 minutes. The coconut should be beautifully browned at this point.
7. Let the slice cook on the counter top, then place in the fridge for an hour before slicing.