Whether it’s from body tension, dehydration or caffeine withdrawal, no one enjoys a headache! I used to be a paracetamol popping gal, but now like to try natural plant based alternatives first.
I often just use peppermint essential oil or frankincense essential oil diluted in a carrier oil roller bottle applied to temples and pulse points, but this gorgeous headache relief balm is just a bit more luxe! This base actually works really well for chest rubs and hand creams too.
If you’re really wanting results, you do need to make sure you’re using high quality, pure therapeutic grade essential oils however. If you need help getting your hands on these oils at wholesale prices and want support to integrate them into your lifestyle, just send me a message or go HERE for more information.
Anyway, here’s the recipe:
- 2 Tbsp Shea Butter
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp beeswax pellets
- 20 drops doTERRA Peppermint essential oil
- 20 drops doTERRA Frankincense essential oil
- 10 drops doTERRA Lavender essential oil
- 5 drops doTERRA Rosemary oil
- Place a 100ml glass container into a water bath (pot with water). Heat water to near boiling.
- Add shea butter, coconut oil and beeswax to the glass container and stir untill melted.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 10minutes, then add your essential oils and stir.
- Place in the fridge for an hour to set.
- When you feel head tension, apply balm to temples, pulse points and back of neck. Reapply as needed.