These sugar-free, dairy free and grain free little bites of amazingness are so easy and quick and don’t require a food processor! Bonus!
With added protein and healthy fats, they’re super low in sugar (I don’t add any to mine!) and an awesome nutrient-dense snack or after dinner treat.
Best served straight out of the fridge when they have the most incredible silky fudge-like texture.
Makes: 12 Balls
Time: 10 mins
- 1/3 cup vanilla protein powder (I use NuZest)
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp vanilla powder (or essence)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs ( or 50g dark chocolate)
- 1/3 cup melted cacao butter (can use coconut oil, but won’t taste as good in my opinion!)
- 1/3 cup almond butter (or smooth peanut butter)
- 2 Tbsp rice malt syrup (optional, I don’t use it as it’s sweet enough with the protein powder)
1. In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients (protein powder, almond meal, vanilla, salt and cacao nibs) together.
2. Melt cacao butter on the stove in a pot, or in the microwave.
3. Add the nut butter to the cacao butter, then pour over dry ingredients.
4. Mix with a spoon or your hands until completely combined.
5. Make 3×3 cm balls of mixture and place on a plate.
6. Place in the fridge for an hour (or over night) for the perfect bite.
Now try to make them last longer than two days! Let me know if you succeed!