Incredibly nourishing, this dahl recipe is the ultimate winter comfort food.
Simple to whip up, you only need one pot and a few ingredients-my kinda meal to prep!
The dahl keeps really well in the fridge and the flavors meld together beautifully overnight and it’s even more flavorsome the next day!
Time: Prep 10 mins, cook time 25-30mins
- 1 cup of red lentils
- 2 cups of kumara (sweet potato) chopped into 2cm cubes
- 2 cups of vege stock
- 400g tin of coconut milk
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin oilve oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Heat oil in a large soup pot and cook diced onions and garlic until golden. Add spices and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the lentils, sweet potato, stock and coconut milk and bring to the boil. Lower heat and simmer 20-25 minutes or until sweet potato is soft.
- Take pot off the element and stir through baby spinach leaves and cashew nuts.
- Enjoy alongside some fluffy brown rice and top with coconut yoghurt, fresh coriander leaves and more lime.