These delicious bites are not only delicious but real brain food too!
With healthy fats from walnuts and coconut oil and an antioxidant hit from the cacao, they tick all the right boxes.
Melt in your mouth goodness that will be a favourite for all ages and the perfect after school treat or 3pm pick me up.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 5 medjool dates
- 2 Tbsp raw cacao powder, plus extra for rolling
- 2 Tbsp cacao nibs
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- In a food processor, process nuts and almond meal until they’re a fine flour.
- Add cacao powder, cacao nibs and dates, then process again.
- Slowly pour in melted coconut oil until the mix becomes a consistency you’ll be able to roll into balls.
- Roll mixture into 8 evenly sized balls then roll in extra cacao powder if desired.
Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.