I believe in:
- A no ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach to health and nutrition
- A ’real food’ approach to nutrition
- Food as medicine and nourishing from within
- Non-weight based focus to health
- Eating with awareness, knowing what we are eating, why we are eating it, where it comes from and more importantly how it will make you feel
- Simplicity over superfoods!
- Food as nourishment, not punishment or reward
- Good health starts in the kitchen! Getting back to eating food in it’s minimally processed, less refined state.
- What we put in our bodies directly impacts our minds, bodies and overall well-being.
- Food has the power to nourish, heal and energise our bodies
- It’s not what we eat some of the time that makes us healthy, its what we eat most of the time
- An active lifestyle that unlocks energy, being active every day and doing movement that you love
- Never using exercise as punishment for something you ate
- Importance of stress relief techniques and finding, then prioritising self-care practices to manage stress
- Prioritising sleep, rest and restorative practices
- The importance of spending time in nature and sunshine
- Nurturing your important relationships and learning how to play again
I don’t believe in:
- Counting calories
- Excessive exercise
- Good food/bad food mentality